Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DT Cre8tive Cre8tions - Mixed Media canvas

Today I'm sharing a Mixed Media canvas that I've made for Cre8tive Cre8tions. I'm starting to like Mixed Media more and more. I just love to mess around and get my hands dirty.

For this canvas I went for a little love and lots of pink.
First I covered the canvas with gesso and let it dry completely. Then I used a self made mask (with the Sithouette) and light molding paste to make the hearts and circles. When that was dry, I used Faber Castell Gelato's in different shades of pink and red and sprayed water to get an ombre background. I used baby wipes to let the hearts and circles come up again. Uhm yes, it would have been easier if I had used the Gelato's before the molding paste :-) I used another self made mask, a The Crafter's Workshop mask and Mr Huey's for the black touches in the background.

The inspiration for this canvas came from this flair button by Cre8tive Cre8tions. This one is from the Boy & Girl set.

I had some really old transparancy stickers in my stash and a wood veneer boy and girl that fitted perfectly!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


8 comments: